Community Based Counselor
Responsible for providing counseling to individuals and families referred to Community-Based Services.
In this position, you will have a broad range of tasks that will allow you to demonstrate your clinical abilities. Our Community-Based Counselor provides counseling to clients and families impacted by significant mental, emotional, behavioral, and developmental disorders utilizing psycho counseling techniques in their homes and community. Counseling includes individuals, couples, groups, and families. A counselor will complete the diagnostic assessments, treatment planning, case management, and discharge planning. Provide crisis intervention, behavioral interventions, and case coordination. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with community members and referral sources, i.e., social workers, probation officers, school contacts, physicians, etc. Provide documentation, including assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, and reports. Coordinate and work within a team, monitor progress, and present videotapes regularly for clinical supervision of your treatment interventions with your clients. Comply with all Continuous Quality Improvement procedures and recommendations (QA).
Work Location due to COVID – 19: Virtual and In-Person
Full-time a minimum of 30 face-to-face hours a week
Minimum Position Requirements:
Bachelors or Masters Degree from an accredited college or university in counseling, rehabilitative counseling, social work, psychology or closely related field with at least one year of documented clinical experience with children or adolescents
Qualified Mental Health Professional- C.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
A minimum of 1 year of clinical experience required. Experience in serving individuals with varying mental health diagnosis. Energetic and willingness to care and serve others. Flexible and self motivated.
Must possess excellent listening and interviewing skills, basic computer/keyboarding skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills on an individual and group basis are a must. Ability to effectively lead individuals and groups. Proficient in delegating and following up on tasks and directives.
An open honest willingness to learn and seek supervision. Courtesy and professional business demeanor and presentation are critical. Flexible and self-motivated. Due to the personally sensitive nature of information in this area, confidentially is essential. Must have the ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
Certification in CPR- infant, child and adult; First Aid and behavior management system- Therapeutic Options of VA- TOVA. Must have reliable transportation for client transport. Ability to travel as travel is required. Successful completion of criminal background history and central registry background investigations as outlined in CAVA’s policy and procedures.
Population Being Served:
Primarily at risk youth and their families with significant emotional, behavioral and or developmental issues.
Counseling Alliance of Virginia Offers:
- Competitive compensation and flexible work schedule
- Supportive work environment and staff mentoring
- Semi-Monthly Direct Deposit
- W-2 Employment
- Workman’s compensation
- Professional liability insurance
- Racial Awareness and Sensitivity Training
- Access to Anti-Racist Coordinator
- Clinical case consultations live and video supervision
- CPR/First Aid and TOVA training
- Quality individual and group supervision towards licensure
- Documentation support group
- Mentoring support group
- Community-based support group
- Training in different clinical perspectives by seasoned clinicians
- Mileage reimbursement
- Zoom reimbursement
- Professional development through community relations
- Comprehensive Medical and Vision with Employer and Employee contribution
- Dental insurance-available
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability- Available
- Experience working with various populations
- Discounted Mind, Body, Spirit Services
- Electronic Health Record
- Paid time off, Sick pay, and paid holidays (when eligible)
If you are interested in this position, please complete an Employment Application and forward with an updated resume to our office via email.
Attention: Human Resources Coordinator
Counseling Alliance of Virginia
2924 Emerywood Parkway
Richmond, VA 23294